Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A Few Project Photos!

         
Hi everyone!

I went into school today (for maybe about the zillionth time this summer!)  Even though I've spent a lot of time in my classroom this summer, it still amazes me how much work I have left to do!  It's coming together, though, and I'm so excited to meet my new set of kiddos!  So, my post today is dedicated to a few of my summer projects!




The first project I want to share are my crate stools!  I'm sure you've all seen them on Pinterest, which is where my inspiration came from.  I got the crates from Target...they had the cheapest prices I found.






The fabric I chose is from a Joann's shopping excursion with Katie and Mandy at the end of the school year!  It fits my owl theme perfectly and are super cute and comfy!  









I think my Dad really liked this project because my craft obsession is leading into "construction" (probably as close as I'll ever get!) by having to cut and sand down the wood for the seats! Here's a picture of all the crate seats at my Guided Reading table.  I think the kids will love them!



Another project I worked on were dressing up my Sterlite Drawers a bit.  I saw the link to this website on Pinterest and wanted to do this to mine, too!  







So I used my stash of cutesy scrapbooking paper and went at it.  It took a long time to get all my drawers done (I have 5 different sets) but they look super cute in my classroom!  









I'm thinking though, that since I used tape on them and they aren't super sturdy, I won't let the kids use them...they'll be for teacher-only use :)  And the cute Owl Nametags I used on them are from my amazing sisters-in-law as a birthday gift!

Sharp/Dull pencils and eraser buckets...$1 from the Target Dollar Spot and some cute vinyl cut out using my Silhouette Cameo...I love it!  I got it originally for scrapbooking but I've been using it SO much for stuff for school!  I'm worried it will wear out or break from overuse...but so far so good.  It was definitely a great purchase!







Next are some cutesy jumbo clothespin magnets.  These are also from the Dollar Spot at Target.  All I did was add two magnets to the back.  I plan to use them to hold up no-name papers, homework, or other random papers.  In this picture, you get a sneak peek at part of my behavior management system...that project is still in progress, but as you can tell, I'm totally loving the owls this year!





Last picture for the day is of my classroom library.  I made the level labels with my cutter and used contact paper to adhere them.  And, in the middle, are the adorable, super comfy and fun owl pillows. Katie and I made these the day after school this year.  As excited as I am to start a new year at New Berlin, I'm going to miss being across the hall from Ms. Frank (oops...Mrs. Beckwith now!) and sharing our fun ideas and working on crazy projects together, like pillows and decoupaged clipboards!



Thanks for stopping by and taking a look! I'm excited about all the things I've already gotten done for the start of the year, but still have a huge to-do list left!  I'll be sure to post more pictures as projects get finished, and some of my whole room once it's not such a disaster area!

1 comments:

Katie B said...

Love it!!! Great ideas!

Post a Comment